Join us at Halton Hills Christian School
11643 Trafalgar Road - Georgetown ON L7G 4S4
Monday July 2nd - Thursday July 5th, 2018
In four interactive days, led by a certified Responsive Classroom trainer for grades 5-8, you’ll learn to use core Responsive Classroom practices to engage students academically, build positive community, manage the classroom effectively, and create a developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Create a safe, positive, and inclusive community with the Responsive Classroom approach to discipline.
- Use teacher language to speak in ways that encourage student engagement and help students become more responsible and respectful.
- Challenge some of your own habits as you learn to apply new strategies that will help you more effectively manage your classroom.
- Hold Responsive Advisory Meetings - a core practice for middle school.
- Use teaching practices that are culturally, individually, and developmentally responsive to young adolescents.
- Design and deliver engaging instruction through practices such as active teaching, student practice, and the language of learning.
How to Register
Workshop registration is $975 per person (+HST) and includes all materials and refreshments. Attendees are asked to provide their own lunch. To register for the workshop please complete the online registration form below. Registrations must be completed by: Monday June 25, 2018.
To register click here.