Join us at Halton Hills Christian School
11643 Trafalgar Road - Georgetown ON L7G 4S4
Monday July 2nd - Thursday July 5th, 2018
In four interactive days, led by a certified Responsive Classroom trainer for grades K-4, you’ll learn to use core Responsive Classroom practices to engage students academically, build positive community, manage the classroom effectively, and create a developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Begin and end the day positively with Morning Meeting and closing circle.
- Establish a calm, orderly, safe, and engaging environment for learning with a proactive approach to discipline.
- Integrate energizers and interactive learning structures throughout the school day.
- Develop teacher language that promotes respectful, kind and positive classroom communities.
- Respond to misbehaviour with clear, consistent expectations and logical consequences.
- First Six Weeks border Teach students how to complete academic tasks, interact with classmates, and maintain routines with interactive modeling.
- Give students choices in what they learn and/or how they learn to promote greater academic engagement and achievement.
- Create a developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Establish rules with your students and provide positive structures to support success.
How to Register
Workshop registration is $975 per person (+HST) and includes all materials and refreshments. Attendees are asked to provide their own lunch. To register for the workshop please complete the online registration form below. Registrations must be completed by: Monday June 25, 2018.
To register click here.