Edvance Learning Design Programs are open to any K-12 educator to join an intentionally sized cohort of other Edvance affiliate educators who share a commitment and passion for the program’s topic of learning and design.
Are you ready to take the next step towards designing curriculum that invites students into the heart of God’s story and His Kingdom, here and now?
Is your school excited to begin developing a more current, comprehensive cross-curricular project-based framework for Creation Studies in grades JK-8?
Are you interested in deepening how to teach socials, science, and English language Ministry curriculum comprehensively in the context of project-based learning: creating beautiful work that meets the real needs of real people?
Registration is now re-open for the Edvance Learning Design Program focused on curriculum design.
Who is this program for?
- Any Edvance affiliate elementary school educator who wishes to deepen their commitment to purpose and authenticity in project-based learning
- Program participants may be individual teachers, Vice Principals, or Directors of Learning
- Participants should have some understanding and background with project-based learning and Christian Deeper Learning
- Registration preference will be given to those who were previously registered in spring 2020
In the spring of 2021, Edvance and the Christian Teacher Academy invites educators to deepen their commitment to purpose and authenticity in learning through projects. Your class often does a project as part of an upcoming school-wide celebration of learning. How can you begin to map out a more sustained curricular structure of deeper learning through cross-curricular integration, lengthening project duration, and integrating more intentionally the Ministry curriculum for the year?
Program Structure: Four Days of Design
Program participants will gather for four days of collaboration focused on extended project based learning design, with coaching support. Some design work will also occur in between collaboration days.
- Day 1: February 26, 2021 Participants review Day 1 from 2020 to deepen their understanding of the process and elements of designing curriculum in the context of project-based learning and Christian deeper learning. Facilitators will support participants to begin defining their design focus. Participants will define their project focus on potential collaboration partners.
- Day 2: April 1, 2021 Participants share, critique, and revise their initial plans. Participants build knowledge and skills for the next level of design.
- Day 3: April 30, 2021 Participants share the outline of their full design. Participants build knowledge and skills for the next level of design.
- Day 4: May 14, 2021 Participants finalize their plans and prepare to share their “expeditions” with invited guests— administrators and colleagues. We discuss implementation and next steps for both teachers and schools.
Registration is limited to a total of 30 participants
Program Cost = $100 per participant
Consultant; Senior Fellow, Center for the Advancement of Christian Education
After 28 years teaching K-12 and 16 years as a school designer, Steven is now an independent educational consultant, guiding teachers in designing service-based curriculum.
Director of Learning, Edvance Christian Schools Association
Justin is a passionate Christian educator who partners with schools in a learning vision that helps students to thrive and contribute to flourishing communities.
Executive Director, The Christian Teacher Academy
Harry leads an immersive annual program teaching educators the protocol and practice of project based learning. He is interim Vice-Principal at Hamilton District Christian High, where he also teaches computer technology and business.