People of God's Story: A Biblical Understanding for Deeper Learning Lesson Design
Facilitated by Steven Levy and Justin Cook
Christian Deeper Learning roots all learning in our identity as “People of God’s Story.” What exactly is "God's Story?" How do we support students to find and play their part in it? How do we invite them to actually experience it, not just learn about it?
All of us yearn for our students’ learning to be deeply connected to their faith. Join colleagues from your school’s region to deepen our shared understanding of how the Bible is God’s unfolding story for us and for all creation, and to design lessons that invite students to experience it as they learn about themselves and about the world.
- How do my teaching practices align with the Biblical story?
- What kinds of teaching practices engage students actively in God’s story and invite them to play their role?
- What do I need to do to reshape my practices to align with the Biblical story?
- I can summarize the Bible as one unified story.
- I can identify explicit and implicit formative elements of lesson design.
- I can
collaborate with colleagues to design deeper learning lessons aligned to the
Dates and Locations
- February 14* - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm - Grand Region @ Calvin Christian School, Hamilton (map)
- March 27** - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm - Toronto Region @ TDChristian High School, Woodbridge (map)
- April 3 - 9:00 am - 3:30 pm - Seaway Valley Region @ Kingston Christian School, Kingston (map)
- April 17 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm - Durham Region @ Knox Christian School, Bowmanville (map)
- April 24 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm - Bluewater Region @ Strathroy Community Christian School, Strathroy (map)
* due to scheduling conflicts, this session will be facilitated by Steven Levy only
** due to scheduling conflicts, this session will be facilitated by Justin Cook only
Agenda for the Day
8:30 - 9:00 am - REGISTRATION
9:00 - 9:30 am - OPENING CIRCLE
9:30 - 10:30 am - Session 1 – "People of God's Story"
10:30 - 11:00 am - REFRESHMENT BREAK
11:00 - 12:00 pm - Session 2 – "Did Anything Christian Happen Yet?"
12:00 - 12:45 pm - LUNCH
12:45 - 1:30 pm - Session 3 – A Lesson Design Critique
1:30 - 1:45 pm - BREAK
1:45 - 2:45 pm - Session 4 – Designing Our Own Deeper Lessons
2:45 - 3:00 pm - CLOSING CIRCLE
Edvance Affiliates: $60 per attendee
Non Affiliates: $120 per attendee
(registration includes refreshments and lunch)
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
Please note that there will be a $40 cancellation fee for any registration cancelled within a week of the chosen PD day. Substitutions will be allowed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Edvance office at email@example.com or 289-203-7171.